Tuesday, July 26, 2005


We drove over to the beach last Sunday & it was nice but just isn't the gulf....something about needing the heater on in the jeep in July just isn't right!! ha There is a trail I had been wanting to hike that connects Seaside with Cannon Beach, last year with dad I hiked part of it from Cannon Beach and it was beautiful. The trailhead started at a St Park and you have to pay to park....so I just figured the trail from Seaside would be just as senic and parking was free. Should have known when there were only 2 other cars in the lot(compared with Cannon Beach where you have to circle the lot a dozen times hoping to find a spot) that it would be different. But no.......I'm a slow learner!! Talk about a climb...it was no hike....it was a climb, there was one spot early on that had a view of the ocean thru the trees ...just enough of a peek to get the hopes up for what was to come... you could hear the pounding surf crashing below.....far below as it turned out! We were passed by a guy running down the trail & didn't think too much of it but then about 30 minutes later I almost get the crap scared out of me when he passed me again going UP the mt. I asked him if we were even close to a vista and he smiled and said about 2 more miles.....he was sweating good but his face wasn't even red or out of breath or anything. I was ready to curse him and his youthfulness as we turned and started back down the mt.......I don't know how much farther he went on up but he arrived back at the bottom as we were leaving.......still not out of breath......I'm sure he was special forces of some type....he had to be!!!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: