Saturday, June 23, 2007

Elowah Falls Hike June 21st

Elowah Falls, Columbia River Gorge, Oregon June 21st

This is the lower section of the falls.....





We then went up to the Upper Falls....the trail goes up thru a cleft in the rock as seen in the second photo...pretty cool spot!!

This is the view down from the rocks at the little bridge we had crossed down below

This plant is growing in that cleft of rock.

Upper Falls...we had lunch on some rocks up in the creek


Recognize the log from the previous photo? Give you an idea of where we were....they really should have guard rails up there!! :)


View of the Columbia River ....you can barely see Mt Adams off in the distance.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are breath-taking pictures...I am visiting via Barbara...and I see you are a "too young to be called grandma" also...I am called nonna..works for me...glad to meet you

donna-in-ny

get zapped said...

Fantastic scenery! We are lucky to be in the PNW! Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

Donnav said...

Thanks for dropping by!! Glad you enjoyed the photos!!
Donna-in-ny, I remember you from Barbaras site....yes, we are the Donnas!!

and yes!! get zapped(I love your name!!) we are lucky to live in such an awesome place...so you are out here somewhere are you??!!

Annagrace said...

Hi Donna--glad you dropped me a line. I was trying to remember your blog site as I somehow never saved your phone number. I want to take dinner over to Pam sometime soon--let me know which dates are still open (and also your phone--do you still have mine?) And yes, let's do coffee!