Sunday, July 29, 2007

7-21-07

Time for a drive into Gifford Pinchot Nat'l Forest!!





Goose Lake, we used the topo map and had fun getting there on some new "roads"




I'm always hoping to see a bear but was content at
the lake watching a pair of Bald Eagles catching fish to feed a nest full of babies.
Someday soon maybe I'll have a camera that will capture the birds better!!!






Last year storms washed out so many of the roads...but should
that really stop us?!?!



can you tell there's not a lot of traffic? It's a dead end road
to start with.....some dead ends are better than others and this was one
of the best...ending at Lake Comcomly











3 comments:

Erin said...

I love the 5th one - the creek and the trees and the clouds...thanks for sharing.

Bar L. said...

I can't even believe you live there, every time I see these pics I think --- how can anyone live near such beauty, its seems like a dream to me. This is one of the best spots I've seen on your blog!!

Hey, look at your hair, it's getting so long! :)

Donnav said...

Sometimes living here seems like a dream to me as well...a good one!!

Erin---interesting, I almost didn't post the 5th one!!! The eagles nest is back up in the trees so I couldn't resist!!

And yes, Barbara, my hair is getting long....and annoying, I think it's days are numbered!!!