Tuesday, May 17, 2005


4-23-05 Chuck & I at his sister Susan's house in Sheridan Ar. We were getting ready to leave for the airport and head back to Wa. It was a great vacation but I forgot to take my camera...at the time I thought we were moving back there and thought I would be back to see everyone again real soon.....now we know that's not the case!! Theses are the highlights that I wish I had pictures of.....my parents at the airport picking us up, mom was so excited to see us. Sunday at church, it was great to have Chuck on one side David on the other and to be surrounded by friends. It did my heart and soul good to be there. The video camera would have been nice at the coffee shop when Kai arranged to get a bunch of us together one evening. We've got such great friends and the sounds of that night will stay with me for a long time...it was fun to laugh so hard!! Chuck wore himself out fishing & a picture of him and his buddy Jim cleaning out Lake Hamilton would have been good. On the 20th Kai and I went to the Poets Loft, a picture of us trying to suppress the pain that comes from listing to someone try to sing with a guitar that's so badly out of tune would have been priceless. The quiet out on the patio was a welcome relief...even though Kai then had to deal with an alergic reaction to the cedar chairs!! The next night provided so many photo opportunities...Kai bravely getting her first tattoo, the first moment of needle and ink touching skin and the look of "hey, this doesn't hurt!" to the grimace five minutes later & swearing that only comes from deep within. The gathering of middle aged women had begun when more of Kai's friends crossed the line of the studio's door. For Lisa and Jamie it was a first and I'm not sure which was more humourous...there faces or mine watching them cross the room. Kai was just glad for a distraction...any distraction. Then there was Zach getting his first tattoos as well....talk about a kodac moment, mother and son getting there first ink. I think it was more painful for Kai watching and waiting on Zach than it was for her own....she was ready to clobber his artist...now that would have been a GREAT picture!! Another image I would like to have captured on film was Cara sitting on the mower eating her chicken from Burger King, she looked quite content!! Dad working in his garden, mom in her recliner, David and Cindi and there killer dogs, Ben & Kim winning Hand and Foot despite David's cheating, Suzi in her new studio! So many images from just one week.......how does the brain process a lifetime of memories.....I hope I don't forget to many!! Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Pam Hogeweide said...

nice blog Donaa. thanks for visiting mine!

I'm back at the Urban Soul tommorrow for my fifth tattoo. Whoo-hoo! I'm hoping to see Hook Guy so I can ask him for an interview. I totally have a story angle.

See you around the blogosphere!